I offer two self-paced, text-based online courses for both beginners and more advanced level tarot practitioners.
Tarot Fundamentals is a beginner-level course appropriate for those interested in using tarot as a tool for self-care, a method for tapping and strengthening intuition, or to work toward building your own practice of reading for others. This course is best for those just getting their feet wet with tarot, and not suitable for those seeking an in-depth exploration of the therapeutic use of tarot cards. If you are interested in learning more about the latter, please check out my live class and workshop offerings.
Based on classic tarot decks (78 cards, four suits), this course includes the nuts and bolts of major components of tarot as well as exercises and questions for reflection designed to strengthen your intuition and connection with the cards.
Tarot Fundamentals includes:
- Introduction to tarot
- Beginning your tarot journey
- Connecting with your deck
- Learning the cards
- Methods of study
- The major arcana
- The major arcana glossary
- The four suits
- The minor arcana
- The minor arcana glossary
- The court cards
- Reading techniques
- Four steps to interpreting any spread
- Reflections and exercises for each major section
There’s a rich tradition of using tarot cards for psychological inquiry, but there are few resources available that teach practitioners to work with cards in a way that effectively supports transformation and change in clients or seekers. Using skills and ideas from the fields of psychology and behavior, Tarot Skills offers a framework for using tarot in a way that is impactful, engaging and trauma-informed. While this class will be beneficial for anyone with an existing personal tarot practice, the curriculum is specifically geared toward the practice of using cards with others, whether it be through tarot readings or incorporating tarot into a healing arts practice. Some experience with the cards is useful.
Please note that the material presented in this course is the “bare bones” content from my live 2 hour Tarot Skills class. It does not include exercises or activities, just the raw material that is taught in the class which is meant to be read and engaged with independently.
Tarot Skills includes:
- An introduction to using cards for transformation and change
- Trauma-informed principles and how they apply to card work
- Principles for using cards in a way that is impactful, engaging and trauma-informed
- A brief overview of the major & minor arcana, four suits and court cards through the lens of psychology and behavior
- Court cards and the stages of change model
- How to support seekers during times of change
- How to support seekers during times of stuckness
- A four step framework for interpreting any spread
- A brief list of practical key words & concepts for incorporating each of the 22 major arcana into your work
To enroll in Tarot Skills, click here.